Geometry & Design
- Table: 2100 x 1800 mm
- X, Y, Z = 4000, 2000, 1200 mm
- Max. feeds X, Y, Z = 24m/min
- Dist. between columns: 2020 mm
- Max. workpiece weight: 20 Tn
- Roller guideways in every axis
- Precision ball screws in Y, Z axis
- Rack & pinion system on X axis
2 axis high speed spindle
- Model: HSD HS655
- Max. speed: 24000 rpm
- Power 12KW
- Cone HSK-A63
- A axis rotation: +-120º
- C axis rotation: +-245º
- Tool: Int./Ext. refrigeration
Control & Electronics
- Control: Heidenhain TNC 640
- Heidenhain servomotors
- Renishaw tool measurement
- Fagor linear encoders
- Automatic lubrication system
Automatic tool changer
- Model: Cuby-CFT-4995
- 24 tools
- Max tool weight 10Kg
- Max tool lenght 300mm
- Max tool Ø92 mm
- Change time 0.6 seg.
Since many years ago, machine tool benchs and structural parts, were built in cast iron due to its properties in terms of: vibrations, rigidity, easy machining, good mouldability, low contraction rate during the cooling process, cheap material, corrosion resitance, surface stiffness, etc.
In spite of all this advantages, for a single machine, cast iron results in a very expensive material due to moulding proces and subsequent operations. Because of that, main structural parts were built welding plama cutted steel plates. This decision reduced the manufacturing time and cost.
As known, this is not a common building method in machine tool industry because of the bad vibration absortion rate of the steel wich is a key factor while the machine is running for avoiding chattering.
This complex problem could be solved by different ways:
- Giving more thikness to the welded plates (wich means more material and more weight)
- Filling some structural parts with low weight concret
- Bolting together cast iron parts with iron welded parts
Welding and machining parts
Machining, welding, assembling and testing
Fully enclosed area
Looking on the machine’s table, it is possible to appreciate the fine dust produced in major of the machining processes of many resins, composite material, woods and others. Because of that, it was very important to design a fully enclosed area with a negative pressure to absorve the chip and dust trough suction tubes. Furthermore, two PVC band chip conveyors were installed on each side of the table.